The Information We Collect & How it is Used
Voluntarily Submitted Information
Like many other Web sites, blenderhappy.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. We use this information to operate and maintain our website and to optimize it for a positive user experience.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt out of data collection, please click here
We use Google Analytics and Statcounter services to provide analytics and insights that help us improve
Google Analytics tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions performed on our Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. [google_analytics_optout]Click here to opt-out.[/google_analytics_optout]. Users can completely block Google Analytics tracking using Google’s Analytics Opt-out browser add-on.
Statcounter is an online service that helps us to understand our visitors; for example, how visitors find our website, how long they spend on our site, which web pages they are most interested in etc. We use Statcounter because a better understanding of how visitors are interacting with our website helps us to improve the content, design, and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to our visitors.
- * Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
- * IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- * Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- * Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
- * Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called "is_unique") may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from Statcounter and set your browser to refuse the same here:
Affiliate Disclosure Policy
At times, we may use affiliate links and make recommendations of products or services for which we may receive a fee if you choose to purchase. We only recommend products that we ourselves would use and be willing to stand behind regardless of receiving a fee or commission. We will always try to make it clear when providing affiliate links within our posts.
Currently, we are participating in the following Affiliate programs:
- Amazon Services LLC Associates Program
- SiteGround Affiliate Program
- Restored 316
- The Food Photography Book
The compensation received via affiliate links, advertising, or other methods will not influence our opinions.
All views expressed on Blender Happy are our own.
Blender Happy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Use of Photos and Recipes
If you'd like to use one of our published photos on your website please adhere to the following:
- No more than 3 photos in a single post, page, or roundup.
- All photos must be attributed to Blenderhappy.com and have a direct link back to the recipe on Blenderhappy.com. Please do not copy our recipes.
- If you'd like to use the photos in a different manner, please contact us at admin [at] blenderhappy.com outlining the nature of the request.
If you follow #1 & #2 above there is no need to contact me directly.
These policies were reviewed and updated on Feb 28th, 2021, and are reviewed regularly.