I’m such a fan of watermelon. What could be more satisfying than biting into a sweet slice of watermelon which usually results in a drop of juice running down your chin? There is no graceful way to eat a slice unless you pull out the old knife and fork. This is why I now like to enjoy my watermelon in drink form especially when other people are around.
I use to agonize at the grocery store when trying to pick out a watermelon. Seriously, how do you know what is inside? I’d literally stand there staring at the bin looking completely lost; well, that was until I stopped being lazy and googled “how to pick a watermelon” and found this article from thekitchn.com that gives you the best tips. Three easy steps and you’ll be picking the cream of the crop and well on your way to a tasty treat or beverage.
Never had watermelon in drink form? To get you started, I’m sharing with you the perfect watermelon drink recipes for Summer from some of the best foodbloggers across the web. This list includes drinks for every member of the family and are perfect for entertaining as well. Hope you enjoy them as much I do.
- Watermelon & Cucumber Mojitos from The Girl on Bloor
- Skinny Watermelon Margaritas from 3 Yummy Tummies
- Watermelon Limeade from Blender Happy (Non-alcoholic)
- Grilled Watermelon Frozen Margarita from Nomageddon
- Best Watermelon Spritzer from Easy Cooking with Molly (Non-alcoholic)
- Vodka Watermelon Cooler from Jennifer Meyering
- Watermelon Sangria from Show me the Yummy
- Watermelon Amaretto Bowl from Elephantastic Vega
- Melon Grapefruit Juice from Blender Happy (Non-alcoholic)If these pretty pink drinks don’t compel you to get in your car and drive to the closest market to load up on fresh watermelon I don’t know what it would take to move you.