Alcoholic blended drinks...here we come!
It is long weekend time! Doesn't matter if you are celebrating Canada Day (July 1st) or Independence Day (July 4th) because you will need a fun blended cocktail to keep you cool while you enjoy your extra day off. I'm sort of celebrating both since my daughter is going to spend the weekend with grandma and grandpa so it is like my Canadian version of Independence Day!
You may not see any red, white, and blue drinks (ok that is a lie as there is at least one) on the list today but I'm confident you'll find a drink that will make your mouth water and compel you to get out the blender. Plan ahead, don't be caught with a closed liquor store and a craving.
If you are looking for a blended caffeinated drink, check out these tasty recipes. Or if you need a fun non-alcoholic drink have I got the list for you, here. If you are ready for the big event, stay with me as I share some of my favourites.
- Grilled Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita from Platings & Pairings
- Riesling Peach & Cherry Slushies from Living Sweet Moments
- Frozen Pineapple Margarita from Sweet & Savory by Shinee
- Mango Chile Margarita by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Berry Mint Vodka Slushie from Blender Happy
- Red, White and Blue Pina Colada from 3 Yummy Tummies
- Red Currant Orange Mint Mojitos by Use Your Noodles
- Pina Colada by Garlic + Zest
- Pomegranate Gin Fizz by Elephantastic Vegan
So here you have it - 10 alcoholic blended drinks to help you celebrate this holiday weekend. Remember, the blender is your friend, in fact, your best friend and friends don't let friends make bad drinks 🙂
No matter how or where or what you celebrate, remember to stay safe and have fun!
Leave a Reply